AFARD is registered with the NGO Board under the NGO-Registration Statute, 1989 as an NGO (Reg. No. S.5914/3753). It is also registered with the Registrar of Companies under Companies Act as a Company Limited by Guarantee (Reg. No. 45170).
Besides, AFARD is also a member of many national civil society networks, namely:
- Uganda National NGO Forum;
- Participatory Ecological Land Use and Management – Uganda Chapter (PELUM);
- Uganda Water and Sanitation NGO Network (UWASNET);
- Uganda National AIDS Services Organizations (UNASO);
- District NGO Forum in Nebbi, Yumbe, and Moyo Districts;
- Nebbi AIDS Services Organization Network (NASON);