Respecting human dignity, equality, justice, and freedom.
- The enshrinement of the empowerment approach to development ;
- Local ownership by beneficiaries of whatever initiatives they are involved in;
- Use of participatory methodologies;
- Reliance on local resources including ITK, human and physical resources;
- Localizing research aimed at generating local area sensitive interventions;
- Genuine partnership based on mutual trust, respect and honesty;
- Linkage and collaboration with like-minded stakeholders; and
- Transparency and accountability.